Mitchell T. Foster has been practicing law since 1992. He has developed a specialty in the area of criminal defense and drunk driving defense. In 2004 Mitch founded Mitch Foster Law, a law firm dedicated to defending the rights of the accused. Since then, Mitch has demonstrated excellence in criminal defense, having gained acquittals forclients accused of assault and battery, domestic violence, robbery,larceny, home invasion,criminal sexual conduct, fleeing and eluding, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, and driving while license suspended. Mitch has also demonstrated excellence in criminal appeals, having gained re-sentencings and early jail and prison releases for several previously convicted clients. Mitch's experience, knowledge and success have contributed to him being named in Michigan Superlawyers magazine in 2007 and again in 2008.
Mitch has developed relationships with other top quality criminal defense attorneys that he works together with in many ways, including consulting roles, trial skills and trial preparation workshops, and putting together a team approach to represent a client. Each client has specific needs that need to be addressed on an individual basis. The law firm of MItch Foster Law. treats you or your loved one individually and with the respect and understanding that you deserve.
Education is a key philosophy for Mitch Foster Law. The firm stays on the cutting edge of the rapidly changing criminal law in Michigan. Mitch has served on the State Bar of Michigan Criminal Law and Jurisprudence Committee, to track new legislation that affects the practice of criminal law. Mitch also regularly attends trial skills workshops, to learn and practice new trial techniques, continuously trying to gain a competitive advantage over the prosecution to win cases. Mitch also attends various other seminars and continuing legal education in the area of criminal defense and DUI defense. As a member of the National College for DUI defense, Mitch stays on the cutting edge of DUI defense, associating with and learning from the best DUI defense attorneys in the country. Mitch attended the National College of DUI summer session in 2008 at the Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Mitch is a member of several organizations including:
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
Other Professional Organizations and Distinctions include:
- State Bar of Michigan, Criminal Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Criminal Law and Jurisprudence Committee
- Named in Michigan Superlawyers Magazine as one of the top 5% of Michigan attorneys, 2007 - 2013
- Oakland County Bar Association, Sustaining Member
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Oakland County Chapter
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan - pro bono award, 2006 & 2007
- Local Business Network, Clarkston Chapter
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit